Metro & Carrier Wave
NL-ix offers extremely cost-efficient managed capacity based upon
Wavelength Division Multiplexing
between all of it's
in the Netherlands.
The Carrier Wave variant of the product covers any location in Holland as long as one endpoint is a NL-ix covered datacenter.
This service provides a dedicate (ethernet) Wavelenght between any two NL-IX datacenters, based on proven CWDM and DWDM technology, with the following features:
- Fully Managed:
- NL-ix builds, pro-actively manages and monitors the end-to-end connection for you;
- Grey lasers:
- Delivered on standard and low-cost ('grey') short-haul optical fiber interfaces at both endpoints;
- All speeds:
- Available at 100 Mbit/s, 1 Gbit/s or 10 Gbit/s speeds;
- Allows unlimited MAC adresses, dot.1q, q-in-q, mac-in-mac, MPLS and jumbo frames;
- Offers unshared capacity. not influenced by any other user;
- Delivers a completely private circuit where traffic cannot be seen by other customers or even NL-ix;
- By default the service provides ethernet based clocking, but other options are available;
- Any distance:
- NL-ix hides the distance between endpoints and repeats the signal along the way if needed.
A Metro Wave is more cost-effective then Metro Fiber while still offering the same advantages of dedicated transparant capacity, without the potential disadvantages of a switched infrastructure that is used in a Metro Ethernet solution.
Optionally NL-ix can also offer custom wavelength solutions including redundant (ring) circuits in either a load balancing or failover configuration, 2 Gbit/s TDM circuits, fiberchannel circuits, SDH circuits and fully encrypted circuits.
services for alternatives for Metro Wave.
See our Pricing Sheet for the current charges.
See our Metro & Carrier Product Guideline how this solution can be composed.