KPN has acquired NL-ix
KPN has acquired the Netherlands Internet Exchange.
Since 2001 NL-ix is offering Internet Exchange and peering related services under brand names ´NL-ix´, ´Open Peering´ and ´Joint Transit´ to around 270 members, making it the 5th largest Internet Exchange in the world.
With the acquisition of NL-ix, KPN widens its portfolio in the Wholesale and Enterprise market. Additionally KPN improves its position in the market for Mission Critical Internet, Internet Exchange services, and services in and between Carrier Neutral datacenters.
As subsidiary of KPN, NL-ix will have easier access to customers in the business market, where very high quality Internet and connectivity solutions become crucial. Moreover, NL-ix can extend its portfolio with some of the network services of KPN.
The NL-ix group will continue to operate as a fully autonomous organization, with it´s own identity, as an independent part of KPN Wholesale. Financial details of this transaction will not be disclosed.
Posted on 2011-03-04
Other news items
- MORE NL-ix PRESENCE IN ROTTERDAM AREA
- NEW PARTNER CONTRACT FOR REMOTE PEERING => LINX, LONDON
- INVITATION EQUINIX AND NL-ix HAPPY HOUR: MARCH 14, AMSTERDAM
- INTERNATIONAL EXPANSION CELEBRATED WITH SPECIAL SALES OFFERS
- NL-ix CELEBRATES FIRST RESELLER CONTRACT WITH EQUINIX
- NL-ix RUNS iPAD3 SALES CAMPAIGN FOR INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS
- NL-ix ANNOUNCES DISTRIBUTED GLOBAL PEERING IN 6 COUNTRIES
- NL-ix Late Summer Drink, September 26
- NL-ix LAUNCHES VERISIGN ANTI-DDOS SERVICES
- COOPERATION BETWEEN FREEBIX AND NL-IX