Metro & Carrier Fiber
For it's own backbone network to 30+ datacenters, and for many managed fiber links for customers, in total NL-ix operates over 1.600 km of dark fiber.
Please check Wikipedia for more information on Dark Fiber.
NL-ix has volume agreements with the largest fiber operators and maintainers in the Netherlands.
NL-ix makes these advantages of scale and it's expertise available through the Metro Fiber solution, for fibers between all of it's datacenters, in the Netherlands.
The Carrier Fiber variant of the product covers any location in Holland as long as one endpoint is a NL-ix covered datacenter.
NL-ix has in-depth dark fiber expertise, maintenance tools, experience, market insight and scale enabling it to not only offer extremely competitively priced dark fiber links, but also to make them work for you.
Dark Fibers are available between wel known datacenters as well as other locations. Features:
- NL-ix does not have any active or passive equipment on the link;
- The customer lights up de fiber with long-distance lasers;
- Any speed:
- The lasers used by the customer define the link speed;
- Any protocol:
- The customer defines whatever active protocol is used;
- Offers unshared capacity. not influenced by any other user;
- private circuit: traffic cannot be seen by other customers or NL-ix;
See the Metro Ethernet, Metro MPLS, Metro Pipe and Metro Wave services for alternatives for Metro Fiber.
See our Pricing Sheet for the current charges on most datacenters, or contact us for pricing on non-datacenters locations.
See our Metro & Carrier Product Guideline how this solution can be composed.